This page displays an up-to-date listing of structural changes
to this Web site in a most-recent-first format. This material is of little
interest to most visitors, but is important for the web site maintainers to
Coding To Do list:
October 15, 2008
January 27, 2008
January 21, 2007
- 401 and 404 error pages added for more graceful
handling for viewers.
January 16, 2007
- oops, phplist bounce processing worked once, but
not after a mailing was done.
- design whitespace around Back to Top links being
collapsed in all places easily possible, this is ongoing work.
January 5, 2007
- phplist brought up to 2.10.4, which fixed bounce
processing problems introduced in 2.10.3.
- page footer updated to mention D1NR, as some
districts are now linking to pages, and the responsibility for the
pages should be available to viewers.
December 12-15, 2006
- phplist brought up to 2.10.3 from 2.10.2. All
current coxswain, crew, QE email addresses reloaded from AUXDATA in
preparation for email on ABCTM release. Formerly certified ops
members will be reloaded after the January 2007 REYR run in AUXDATA.
August 25, 2006
- Some broken links repaired (name changes at
source site). Some text on training page updated on basis of
feedback. Suggestion form removed, and email instructions provided
instead (previous form impossible to protect against spam with
Microsoft Front Page, so we gave up on a form; spammers had found a
way around past anti-spam techniques).
January 22, 2006
- ALCOAST 033/06 text added to Policy page.
Previously added to Training page with policy caveat noted on the
What's New page.
January 19, 2006
- Item added to QE FAQ ("prior to scheduling QE").
Some other items edited.
- some other editorial changes made throughout
(missing periods added, etc)
January 13, 2006
- Policy page added, and MSAP.pdf added to
documents folder. Jpeg protective equipment image with text
- fixed whatsnew page: one bulleted list was of the
wrong text style format
January 10, 2006
- removed bottom navigation bar. With more
sections coming, the width of this bar was now always wider than a
browser window. This leaves the left nav bar as the primary bar, with
Home still available in the upper right for all pages, and added to
bottom as well (with privacy notice link).
- reformatted list of official websites on index
page to be a bulleted list, since one more reference was added
(previously was paragraph form).
- Links page added to hold all links with no home
- Mentor Corner and Mentor FAQ added
- a few tweaks done elsewhere (redundant bottom
lines removed, etc)
January 3, 2006
- Mail List attachment disaster: Windows Internet
Explorer doesn't handle portal-like attachment document URLs in the
text-only emails sent. No solution known at present, only
workarounds. Research with other users of the same phpList package
underway. Drove the following item for needed QE documents.
- added protected area for QE-only documents,
username/password protected (and yes, individual user names and
passwords, not one generic). Documents are not secret, just don't
meet public posting criteria for not having personally-identifiable
January 2, 2006
- hyperlink typo in d1nr currency form bookmark
fixed (somehow slipped through checks!). Other links on Downloads
page rechecked. Most pages checked for spelling errors or tool-based
typographical correction, several pages updated for a few items
found. "Offices Held" changed to "Offices Currently Held" (which was
the original intent).
- QE Corner and QE FAQ pages added, and relevant
document links initially populated..
January 1, 2006
- tweaks to page headers to remove some white space and shorten pages a
bit (for better content in smaller windows). Trailer modified a bit
too (Get Firefox hyperlink added). This technical change page added to move technical change log
away from content change log (which is far more relevant to
visitors). Suggestion page updated to use FormMail and email (rather
than locally log) suggestions. A Thank You page added for
suggestions. Problem form updated the same way, but with multiple
December 30, 2005
Privacy Notice finally added. Forum software updated to 2.0.19
(includes recent anti-hacker protections along with a few bug
fixes). Some administrative code tweaks added for forum user
management. Forum database and website backup process started.
December 29, 2005
Web site rollout (couldn't wait to New Years Day). Significant
code customization to discussion forum. Hyperlink added to get back
to main page from forums. Logos shrunk to make more page size
available in forums. Auxiliary-specific fields added to forum registration/profile.
Security enhanced by restricting forum profile and member list viewing.
Language selection suppressed (since only English is supported).
COPPA features removed (site not required to have). Mail List
throttle features modified to be more convenient when mailing. Added
AUXDATA forum. Fixed avatar uploading.
- FAQ page roughly populated. Mail List Manager brought online
(see Mail List Manager hyperlink in upper right corner). Emails
exported from AUXDATA to here for various surface operations
categories (data as of 11/22/2005). Map of QE locations added.
- More download items added. Many editorial corrections made.
Some forums and forum categories added. Training page added and
populated, including FEMA training and TCT material. Site icon added for browser display. Navigation
titles updated (removed "BCQP" from most titles) and rearranged.
During this period of rapid change, it is suggested that viewers
use their browser REFRESH function to insure current web content
is being seen (as opposed to locally cached pages).
December 4, 2005